Wednesday 1 February 2012

And the award for most sensitive drug store goes to........

My local Pharmasave drug store is a veritable force of retail innovation.

Not content to sit around, they sent their crack marketing team to the back room in order to push out some surplus stuff....



Awesome.

I don't need any, but the crudely drawn, italicized "Blow-out" makes me want to buy some just for the awkward check out chat with the cashier.  The incorrectly spelled "incontinence" is the icing on the cake - a nod to the non-spell check generation.  Note the large size of the "I" and "n" until the writer realized they were gonna run out of room, thereby shrinking the script.  And changing the spelling.  Or is it "speeling" if I'm running out of room?

I thought of lingering around the store to see if I could spy some lucky customer falling prey to this exceptional merchandise offer.  Maybe it would go something like this:

(elderly female senior, low whispery voice)  "Ah, pardon me, young man, but, um, could you direct me to the, um, you know, adult....pads, you know...."

(store employee, slightly booming sales voice)  "You mean, the INCONTINENCE pads?  We've got a "BLOW-OUT" sale on them RIGHT NOW!!!"(points excitedly at the overhead sign)

As I was waiting for something like this to transpire, I lurked around the store and came across some more retail gold.....




I think I'll pass on the muffins.  Maybe a cookie.....?




Nope, thanks.

I'm just gonna run out the door.  It sounds like I'm dry heaving as I try to suppress the laughter......

2 comments:

  1. There are a few drug stores in Ottawa, Ontario that have interesting names, one being 'The Medicine Shoppe'. Note the spelling of 'shop'. My all time favourite is called 'Joint’s Pharmacy’. Unfortunately, I think this ‘shoppe’ shall we say is no longer in existence as I cannot find any listing for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Donna - Pharmasaves exist all over Canada....

      Delete